Description: This is a full-time, exempt position with a budgeted salary of $42,000, and includes full participation in the United Methodist Church medical and pension plans, the anticipated provision of on-site housing, and four weeks of paid vacation.
Working effectively with the Executive Director, balances efforts among responsibilities including hospitality, administration, maintenance, programming, food service, facilities management, public relations, and health and safety, in order to effectively serve the guests, campers, and staff of Mingus Mountain and the Desert Southwest Conference of the United Methodist Church, and those of other groups hosted at the site. Carries out the policies, procedures, and goals identified by the Executive Director; Board of Camping; and the Annual Conference.
• Assumes the essential duties and responsibilities of day-to-day operations and hospitality under the direction and guidance of the Executive Director.
• Serves as primary host to guest groups.
• With the Executive Director, administers the site’s Risk Management Plan.
• With the Executive Director manages the maintenance of the real property on the site.
• Creates, maintains and implements administrative and site-specific systems and procedures for operations and facilities, health care, and specialized activities.
• Ensures compliance with all local, state, and Federal standards. Works with the Executive Director to ensure ACA compliance.
• Provides program leadership on the High and Low Course, Archery Range, Hiking, Fire-Building, and other program activities.
• Provides program design assistance and/or leadership for summer camp, winter camps and all Mingus Mountain programmed retreats.
Application Instructions: Contact Cat Holbert at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a complete job description and a brief questionnaire. Submit resume and completed questionnaire to Cat Holbert. Upon review, Cat will contact you to set up an interview provided you are a potential candidate for hire.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2021 or until the position is filled