Description: BUSINESS MANAGER OPENING
Ceta Canyon Camp and Retreat Center, “A Place where God is experienced and lives are changed”, seeks a versatile, results-oriented professional to join our team. We are hiring an Accountant to serve as our Business Manager, executing all of the organization’s bookkeeping and accounting functions.
Specific accounting/bookkeeping responsibilities:
· Manage all aspects of business operations of not-for-profit camp and retreat center serving adults, youth and children. Annual revenue over $1,500,000
· Prepare and Present financial statements, budgets, management/reports and operational/variance analysis for Auditors, Board of Trustees, Executive Director and Managers
· Reconcile General Ledger accounts including assets, liabilities, fund balances and revenues using Shelby Systems, reconciled to subsidiary ledgers: Blackbaud, CampBrain
· Maintain Compliance with regulatory entities, payroll and human resource standards, insurance requirements, debt management, tax and outside audits
· Process all Payables, Receivables and Payroll in a timely manner
· Assist with Center’s Gift Shop/Inventory purchasing and sales
· Perform non-routine tasks requiring strong judgment and initiative
· Establish and enforce accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems
· Oversee Registration and Customer Service of guests and coordination with operational staff
· Prefer CPA, degreed accountant or equivalent work experience.
· 3-5 years’ work experience in a bookkeeping/accounting function.
· Experience working in nonprofit multi-fund accounting a plus.
· Strong software and keyboarding skills, including all normal accounting transactions, GL management, budgeting, and reporting.
· Strong Excel skills.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Attention to detail, strong communication, and problem solving are all critical skills for success in this role.
· As a Christian ministry, the ideal candidate will possess a strong faith and desire to serve.
Ceta Canyon provides full-time employees with health insurance, 403(b) retirement benefits, vacation, holiday and sick time.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume describing your fit for the position, including both work experience and any personal experience involving Christian camping. Send to Mike Wentz at firstname.lastname@example.org mail to Ceta Canyon Camp and Retreat Center, Mike Wentz, 37201 FM 1721, Happy, TX 79042. Website cetacanyon.org
Application Instructions: To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume describing your fit for the position, including both work experience and any personal experience involving Christian camping. Send to Mike Wentz at email@example.com or mail to Ceta Canyon Camp and Retreat Center, Mike Wentz, 37201 FM 1721, Happy, TX 79042. Website cetacanyon.org
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
Location: Ceta Canyon Camp & Retreat Center, 37201 FM 1721, Happy TX 79042