Description: Job Title: Communications and Program Specialist, Don Lee Center
Statement of Job: The Communications and Program Specialist will work cooperatively with the program team and director to implement marketing and communications strategies for our various programs, including summer camp, environmental education, retreats and outreach to our camp alumni.
Qualifications: Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, marketing, recreation, education, ministry or related fields. Some prior work experience preferred, including internships. Strong written and verbal skills. Solid understanding of print, video, digital, photography and social media preferred . Experience with WordPress, the Adobe design suite a plus. Some experience with summer camp or retreat facilities a plus.
Work Environment: Don Lee Camp & Retreat Center is a year-round facility, offering residential summer camp, environmental education programs to schools from across N.C., and retreats. We are in a coastal setting located in Arapahoe, NC on the Neuse River Estuary. We are a 501(c) (3) affiliated by faith with the United Methodist Church.
1. Responsible for external communication in print and digital media to promote Don Lee programs to appropriate audiences.
2. Develop monthly e-newsletter.
3. Develop and maintain website.
4. Work cooperatively with summer staff media employees to effectively communicate with parents each day, including managing camper and parent emails, blog posts, our parent app, and photography posts.
5. Maintain a strong social media presence for our programs on a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat and others.
6. Work cooperatively with the director on the appropriate placement of advertising in various media.
7. Coordinate marketing display programs for recruitment of staff as well as families to camp.
8. Responsible for taking photographs year round and organizing them so we can use them in various platforms.
9. Serve as part of the program team and work collaboratively on the execution of existing programs, hiring of summer staff, and the development of new programs.
10. Serve as host as needed for retreat groups.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Application Instructions: Send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: March 15, 2021