Description: Calvin Center, Inc.
PURPOSE: The Executive Director is the CEO and provides day-to-day management and leadership of Calvin Center. This position leads the operations of the Center, including financial management, fund development, administration, programming, and staff leadership. This position collaborates with the Board of Directors on strategy development, long-term and short-term planning, and goal setting for the Center. This position represents the Center through building effective relationships and communications with all stakeholders, including fundraising, marketing, and outreach to diverse populations. This position is hired by and reports to the Calvin Center Board of Directors.
1. A follower of Jesus Christ, actively engaged in a local church (or willing to become so), and wholeheartedly committed to the Gospel and to the Reformed tradition;
2. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related discipline;
3. Demonstrable success in short- and long-term fundraising, including donor identification and management;
4. Leadership experience in camp and conference center management with proven track record in financial management, especially in the growth of a not-for-profit organization;
5. Strong public speaking skills to people of all ages and the capacity to effectively communicate the Calvin Center’s program opportunities to both groups and individuals; and
6. Proven ability to manage paid and volunteer staff in a variety of roles.
1. To Envision: guided by a faith that finds expression in the vision and mission of Calvin Center, the Executive Director will:
a. Strategy Development: engage the Center’s stakeholders, including but not limited to Board of Directors, Board Committees, Staff, Volunteers, and users in a process of discernment and strategy development for the future of Calvin Center;
b. Planning: facilitate stakeholders’ involvement in short-term and long-term planning to accomplish the strategy;
c. Goal Setting: set specific annual goals to implement the strategic plan and be accountable to the Board of Directors for accomplishing the goals.
2. To Lead: guided by a faith that calls forth faith in others, in leading the operations of the Center, the Executive Director will:
a. Fund Development: develop and lead fund-raising strategies and activities, including fundraising events, capital campaigns, and
networking, with the goal of restoring and improving the financial
strength of the organization;
b. Financial Management: make budget recommendations to the
Board of Directors and manage the finances of the Center through
accurate budgeting, record keeping, and reporting;
c. Staff Leadership: align staffing needs with the mission, vision and
strategic plan and fulfill them within the allotted budget. Hire, train,
and manage all full- and part-time staff and volunteers.
3. To Communicate: guided by a faith that demands to be shared, the
Executive Director will:
a. Representation: represent well the Calvin Center and its vision in a
variety of venues and through multiple modes of communication,
providing information and developing broad-based support for the
b. Relationships: foster positive relationships and communication with
Board members, Greater Atlanta Presbytery, their staff members
c. Administrative Leadership: exercise strong administrative
leadership to communicate the vision and accomplishments of the
Center in a thorough and timely fashion.
The Executive Director is a salaried, exempt position with full benefits. Salary
and compensation package are based upon experience. This position is
subject to termination in accordance with the Personnel Policies of Calvin
Center. The person in this position is employed at-will for an indefinite term
(subject to review at both six and twelve months in the first year of
employment). There shall be an annual review and evaluation in years
Application Instructions: Please submit Resume to Search@CalvinCenter.org
Application Deadline: 10/17/2019
Location: Hampton GA