Statement of Job: The Communications and Program Specialist will work cooperatively with the program team to implement marketing and communications strategies for our various programs, including summer camp, environmental education, retreats and outreach to our camp alumni, and serve as retreat host as needed.
Qualifications: Undergraduate degree in journalism, communications, marketing, recreation,hospitality, ministry or related fields. Strong written and verbal skills. Solid understanding of print, video, digital, photography and social media preferred . Experience with WordPress, the Adobe design suite a plus. Some experience with summer camp or retreat facilities a plus. This is an entry level position.
Work Environment: Don Lee Camp & Retreat Center is a year-round facility, offering residential summer camp, environmental education programs to schools from across N.C., and retreats. We are in a coastal setting located in Arapahoe, NC on the Neuse River Estuary. We are a 501(c) (3) affiliated by faith with the United Methodist Church.
- Assist with external communication in print and digital media to promote Don Lee programs to appropriate audiences.
- Develop monthly e-newsletter.
- Develop and maintain website.
- Serve as host as needed for retreat groups.
- Work cooperatively with summer staff media employees to effectively communicate with parents each day, including managing camper and parent emails, blog posts, our parent app, and photography posts.
- Maintain a strong social media presence for our programs on a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat and others.
- Coordinate marketing display programs for recruitment of staff as well as families to camp.
- Responsible for taking photographs year round and organizing them so we can use them in various platforms.
- Serve as part of the program team and work collaboratively on the execution of existing programs, hiring of summer staff, and the development of new programs.
- Develop communication and programs to cultivate a robust camp staff alumni base for support of programs and fund raising.
- Other duties as assigned.
Application Instructions: To apply, email resume and cover letter to Taylor Lilly, assistant director firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Website: Home - Don Lee Camp and Retreat Center (donleecenter.org)