At Holston Camp and Retreat Center, we want to delight our guests to the High Country of North Carolina. We know that tasty, memorable meals is one way to make both our retreat guests and summer campers excited about staying with us and encourages them to come visit again. While this position does not require extensive interaction with campers and retreat guests, hospitality is still very important. Our Kitchen Manager will need to be a self-motivated, team player that can think creatively about planning menus that appeal to a broad range while also responding to common food and dietary needs. Some dietary needs our Kitchen Manager will likely need to respond to: vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, nut free, and dairy free.
Our Kitchen Manager will oversee the food service operation of our summer camp program, which includes both overnight and day camp programs, and our retreat groups. Duties would include, but not be limited to:
• Planning and preparing healthy food menus for our summer camp program.
• Generating creative and affordably priced menus for our retreat guests. Retreats occur during the non-summer months.
• All food ordering and inventory control.
• Leading and managing seasonal and part-time kitchen staff.
• Cleaning and maintaining the kitchen and dining room.
The position, after a probationary period, would include health insurance, vacation, sick/personal time, and retirement benefits. The salary is variable as housing could be a part of the compensation package but would be in the $30,000 to $40,000 annual range, based upon experience.
Application Instructions: Please contact Dave Cohn, Executive Director, 844-465-7866 or email@example.com
Application Deadline: Open until filled