1) Coordinate the total Camping and Retreat Ministries of the Illinois Great Rivers Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church at two year-round camp sites and two additional summer camping programs.
2) Oversee and supervise the Associate Coordinator of Camping and Youth Ministries work in coordinating a comprehensive Annual Conference program of youth ministry, including youth retreats, confirmation programs, and youth leader trainings.
3) Lead the marketing and promotion efforts to increase usage and participation in camping ministries including overseeing the production and distribution of all publicity, promotional material, social media, and website for Camping and Retreat Ministries.
4) Oversee budgeting process for the Camping and Retreat Ministries including authorization of expenditures, budget development and reporting, and supervision of camping financial management systems, accounting, and staff.
5) Oversee recruitment, evaluation, and compensation for all camp staff, camp employees, and summer staff.
6) Oversee curriculum development and training for all aspects of the Camping and Retreat Ministries.
7) Provide senior staff supervision and on-site supervisory management at East Bay Camp.
8) Promote Camping and Retreat Ministries in local churches, clusters, and districts through preaching, pulpit presentations, workshops, and other presentations.
9) Serve as a liaison with jurisdictional and general church groups that relate to Camping and Retreat Ministries.
10) Participate in Illinois Great Rivers Conference staff leadership team as part of the Connectional Ministries Team.
1) Faith in Jesus Christ, including an understanding of oneself as a disciple who is growing deeper in love of God and neighbor and the ability to articulate and live out one’s faith and growth.
2) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
3) Significant leadership experience in Christian camping, including site management, financial oversite, staff supervision, fundraising, marketing, and accreditation.
4) Support for the global mission, mission, structure, and theology of the United Methodist Church.
5) Understanding and support for standards of American Camp Association and United Methodist Camp & Retreat Ministries Association.
6) Excellent skills in written and verbal communication and interpersonal relations.
7) Demonstrated ability to work as a team leader and to work in independently.
8) Ability to organize efficiently, establish priorities and attend to details.
9) Valid driver’s license.
10) Multicultural sensitivity and commitment to inclusiveness.
Application Instructions: Submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to: Rev. Dr. Curtis Brown Director of Connectional Ministries Illinois Great Rivers Conference PO Box 19207 Springfield IL 62794-9207 email@example.com
Application Deadline: August 1, 2021
Location: Hudson, Illinois