Camp Wesley Pines is seeking to hire its first full-time Program Director! With just over 500 campers in 2021 over a 6 week span, we believe the emergence of a full-time Program Director will lead to growth – not only in numbers, but in the quality of the program.
The Program Director will be in charge of supervising and coordinating all aspects of summer camp and retreat programs.
- Schedule, plan, promote, and supervise the camping and retreat programs
- Research, recommend, and adapt program curriculum and make suggestions for program enhancement
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and supervise the paid and volunteer summer staff (20-25 individuals)
- Market Camp Wesley Pines programs to children, families, churches, and communities within the MS conference and beyond
- Oversee management of program activities offered at camp (i.e. high ropes, climbing tower, low ropes, waterfront/pool, archery, environmental education, etc.)
- Possess a firm understanding, belief, and faith in Jesus Christ
- 2-4 years of camp and retreat experience (this can include seasonal work as a summer staff)
- Willing and able to work 50-60 hour weeks during the summer program season and available to work certain weekends as dictated by retreat groups throughout the year
- Be at least 23 years old 5. People skills – must understand and relate well with children, youth, and adults!
- A working knowledge of the UMC
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (e.g. Recreation, education, youth ministry, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with the American Camp Association
For more information, please contact our Executive Director, Chap Fenwick, at email@example.com
Application Instructions: Submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2021.