Mission: Creating a place apart to grow with God in every season.
Vision: Playing outdoors. Building community. Transforming lives.
Westview’s Board of Directors desires the following characteristics in all staff members:
- An individual who desires to be actively involved in Christian ministry to God’s people and regularly attends worship.
- A person whose Christian faith is a guiding force in his/her everyday life and who is willing to share that faith with guests and fellow staff members.
- A person who has an appreciation for the beauty and complexity of God’s creation, and practices good stewardship.
- A person who can work effectively in a team situation and has basic skills, which enable him/her to do this in a loving and caring way.
- A person who is physically, emotionally and spiritually willing and able to support camp and retreat programming.
Job Description for Program Director
A. Preferred Qualifications: a. A bachelor’s degree (preferably in a related field) and/or appropriate professional certification. b. At least two (2) prior years of administrative or supervisory experience in an organized camp. c. At least four (4) prior years of summer camp or non-summer camp guest services operations. d. Experience leading at least one organized group for a minimum of two (2) years.
B. Optional, but Beneficial Qualifications: a. Ability to lead worship b. Medical training c. Lifeguard or LGI certifications d. Outdoor adventure skills/experiences e. Experience with day camps
C. Responsibilities: a. Summer camp marketing and operations b. Hiring summer leaders and summer staff c. Designing and implementing summer programming, including resident camp, adventure camp, specialist activities, day camp, and other programs as needed. d. Year round marketing and operations in coordination with Guest Services Coordinator. i. Social media marketing, brochure creation, church visits, etc. e. Creating and implementing other programs throughout the year in coordination with the other camp staff. f. Other duties as assigned.
Application instructions: email resume to email@example.com
Application deadline: September 30, 2021