Description: North Georgia Camp and Retreat Ministries, Inc., is searching for a leader who develops leaders to work with our adventure and offsite programs. This new year-round exempt position starting September 2021 will report directly to our Director of Adventure and Traveling Programs to guide Outpost at Glisson, Grow Day Camps at local churches, and the Experiential Leadership Institute for rising 11-12th graders.
• Active Christian faith
• Passion for building Christian community and developing capacity for servant leadership within a camp ministry setting
• Willingness to support the theological doctrines and practices of the United Methodist Church
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-3 years of camping experience
• Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills
• Ability to: teach, coach, train and supervise others; facilitate team and partner relationships and interactions between summer staff and church partners; perform potentially strenuous physical activities (e.g. hiking, lifting gear, etc); give and receive feedback in a manner that reflects the values of NGCRM; solve problems creatively in fast-paced and at times high-stress environments
Program Director Responsibilities:
• As a part of a program team, hold a portfolio with responsibilities for Adventure and Traveling Programs operations including but not limited to: camper and staff safety, risk management, emergency procedures, staff hiring and supervision, skills verification, church partner development, program development, meal and lodging logistics, transportation coordination
• Foster a summer programming and retreats culture in line with organizational core values: radical acceptance, unconditional love, experiential learning, Christian community
• Live and work on-site at Glisson Camp and Retreat Center in Dahlonega, GA
• Be an active and supportive member of the NGCRM Team; maintaining an atmosphere of spiritual growth, personal development, and safety for all team members
• Become familiar with, develop and ensure adherence to organizational policies and procedures, Safe Sanctuaries compliance, and American Camp Association accreditation
• Develop and implement a plan to recruit, hire, and train seasonal staff representing diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
• Expand and deepen partnerships with churches and other organizations to maximize camp attendance and retreat usage
• Create budgets and maintain fiscal responsibility
• Work a non-summer schedule which is typically Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm with various additional morning/evening/weekend times based on agreed-upon schedules with compensatory time, and a summer schedule with variability typical of those who have responsibility for camp programming
Complete Job Description: Program Director (Adventure/Traveling Programs) Job Description (glisson.org)
Application Instructions: Resumes should be submitted to: email@example.com.
The position will remain open until filled, with the initial application period ending on July 15, 2021 for anticipated start September 2021. NGCRM, Inc. has been in ministry since 1925 and is an incorporated nonprofit organization with 501c3 status serving the churches and families of the North Georgia Annual Conference.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2021