The Property Manager’s primary roles will include, maintenance of the buildings, grounds, and equipment to enhance the ministry of hospitality of Olmsted Manor, a not-for-profit adult retreat and renewal center with roots in the United Methodist heritage.
Functions will include but not be limited to:
- Buildings: Oversees and/or carries out the maintenance and care of: Plumbing and heating repairs as needed Electrical repairs as needed Carpentry repairs as needed Preventive maintenance tasks and repairs
- Building safety and security Grounds: Oversees and/or carries out the maintenance and care of: Trees, shrubs, and lawn care Landscape improvement Snow removal of all walks and drives Water supply Ground’s safety and security
- Equipment: Oversees and/or carries out the maintenance and care of: Maintenance equipment Boiler/Furnaces HVAC Kitchen Equipment Housekeeping equipment Vehicles
- Interview/recommend hiring of maintenance crew Work with Property Committee of the Olmsted Board of Directors
- Attend staff meetings
- Prioritize exterior/interior improvements
- Develop work projects for volunteer groups
- Update current long-range maintenance plan
- Order/receive materials Inventory/organize materials
- Schedules/ evaluates work needs Schedules staff Supervises and evaluates staff Assists and supervises volunteer groups
- Supervises set-up preparation for all groups
- Supervision/inspection of construction projects
- Fulfill the policies of Olmsted Manor and its Board of Directors Work under the direction of the Executive Director
- Participate in staff training and continuing education
- Assist housekeeping staff with heavy cleaning and other custodial maintenance
- Assist in handling special requests and needs of staff and guests
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned
- An ability to offer genuine hospitality to guests and staff.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of plumbing, electric, and carpentry.
- A problem-solving ability to deal calmly and efficiently with emergencies, complaints, or concerns.
- A demonstrated ability to communicate through speaking and writing.
- An openness to continued growth both as a person and in the role of “property manager” for Olmsted Manor.
Benefits: Full Time Non-Exempt Medical Reimbursement per Olmsted Manor policy
Vacation: per Olmsted Manor policy Pension Staff Training & Continuing Education
Application Instructions: Complete application available here Microsoft Word – application for employment at OM.doc (olmstedmanor.org)
Application Deadline: July 31, 2021