The Director of Programs and Guest Relations is a key leadership position for the core functions and mission of Camp Lutherwood Oregon. An ideal candidate has a strong spiritual commitment, exemplary programmatic leadership skills, the ability to work with others, as well as strong communication and organizational skills. As a creative and engaging leader, the Director of Programs and Guest Relations develops strategic partnerships, ensures readiness of the site for all use and is creative in shaping the future of Camp Lutherwood Oregon’s programs and guest relations as they relate to the American Camp Association accredited camp standards.
Main Areas of Focus
- Coordinate all daily onsite activities in cooperation with other camp departments
- Work with all staff in providing a welcoming and hospitable community for people of all ages, abilities, faith experience, race, ethnicity, immigration status, financial capacity, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation.
- Lead the summer staff in delivering a safe and impactful experience for all campers
- Create and lead year-round programs for all ages
- Develop new programs and innovative ways to engage a variety of demographics throughout Western Oregon and Southwest Washington as participants and user groups
Compensation: $55,000 starting annual salary + benefits •Medical insurance (100% of employee premium) •Camp Lutherwood Oregon will match up to 3% of annual salary of employee contributions to a Simple IRA retirement account •Paid vacation (eligible for up to 70 hours accrued annually), paid sick leave (40 hours per year), 10 paid holidays, continuing education •Participation in Paid Leave Oregon
Please submit your application materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All application materials must be received by 5:00pm on closing date (November 30, 2023). Late or incomplete applications may be rejected.
- Please email questions to email@example.com.
- All emails – both application submittals and questions regarding the position – must have “DOPGR position” in the subject line.
- Current Resume - please include your phone number and email address
- Brief Cover Letter that includes what excites you about this opportunity and highlights three ways your experience and passions intersect with the position
- Three professional references will be required for finalists – you may provide them now or later on in the process. Please provide contact information, including phone number, and describe your relationship with them.
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm on closing date (November 30, 2023).
Website: Camp Lutherwood Oregon - Summer camp, outdoor school & retreats