This position serves to design, implement and evaluate all programs of John Knox Center, a ministry of the Presbytery of East Tennessee, PC (USA). This is accomplished by demonstrating exceptional organizational and supervisory skills, possessing critical thinking skills, and evaluation abilities to develop relevant, meaningful, and attractive programming that meets the needs and expectations of the various ages of camp clients.
• Serve God as a member of a Christian Church and be able articulate a strong Christian faith, based in the Reformed Tradition.
• Possess a neat personal appearance, dependability, honesty, congeniality, creativity, and flexibility.
• Previous relevant program, staff supervision, and spiritual leadership experience required.
• Excel without direct, constant supervision, maintaining accountability and responsibility.
• Possess the ability to understand, embrace, and articulate the mission, vision, and purpose of the John Knox Center to all ages in a variety of settings.
• Exhibit a positive team attitude with a willingness to go above and beyond to provide hospitality to guests.
• Experienced and comfortable in using a variety of technologies. (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, social media, email, etc.).
• Bachelors degree or relevant PCUSA programmatic experience desirable.
• Ability to attain certifications and accreditations as needed.
1. Work closely with the John Knox Executive Director to evaluate the on-going needs of the Presbytery and greater community to maintain a ministry that is relevant to our partners.
2. Work together with John Knox Center staff for the welfare of guests and the furthering of the ministry and mission.
3. Provide hosting services for groups using John Knox Center facilities, acting as the main contact person between John Knox Center Staff and groups during their stay as needed.
4. Develop, schedule, publicize, supply staff and materials, and evaluate existing and new programs for children, youth and adults.
a. Oversee all curriculum utilized for programming.
b. Ensure activities are operated within the John Knox Center operating budget.
c. Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate program staff, including seasonal program employees.
d. Serve as the focus for marketing and creating new revenue streams for all John Knox Center programs.
e. Provide programmatic resources and leadership to Presbytery, churches, and guest groups.
5. Implement and annually review relevant American camping Association (ACA) standards.
6. Actively participate as a member of the Presbyterian Church Camp and Conference Association (PCCCA).
7. Work with the Program Sub-committee of the Outdoor Ministries Team of the Presbytery of East Tennessee.
8. Participate in regular staff meetings and lead occasional staff devotion.
9. Accept additional responsibilities and undertake additional duties as assigned.
10. Engage annually in continuing educational opportunities as guided by the Executive Director.
11. Participate in maintaining John Knox Center’s online presence, including posting on social media.
12. Use camp management software.
13. Create and publish materials, paper and digital, to promote the ministry of John Knox Center.
14. Supervise specialized program activities, such as rope course, archery, nature center, etc.
The person in this position is a member of the John Knox Center Leadership Team and shall be accountable to the Executive Director as their immediate supervisor and in covenant with other team members to further the mission of the John Knox Center.
The Program Director position is a full time salaried position with a starting salary of per year to be paid bi-monthly with full benefits available at the beginning of employment. This position requires onsite residence with private housing provided. The person in this position is subject to termination in accordance with the Personnel Policies of the John Knox Center.
Salary Range: $31,500-34,500
Application Instructions: Applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume with contact information for 3 references to email@example.com .
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Website: John Knox Center